Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We have an immediate need for Underground Utiltiy Foremen!
- Supervises one or more crews engaged in constructing and repairing storm sewers and structures, utility piping, the back filling and compacting of trench, the installation of trench shoring, etc.
- Plans and performs all work under OSHA standards; instructs and trains employees in the safe operation of construction equipment and tools including applicable job techniques and skills.
- Examines and inspects work progress, equipment and construction sites to verify safety and ensure that specifications and quality standards are met.
- Takes measurements off blue prints and shoots grade/elevations per construction requirements.
- Installs, diagnoses and repairs/replaces pipe, fittings valves, piping systems and components for piping systems above and below grade.
- Completes all necessary documentation and paperwork a required daily and properly including but not limited to: time sheets, safety inspections, equipment inspections and daily logs, etc.
- Participates in hands-on work to complete the job.
- May take on responsibilities of the Superintendent when absent or unavailable.
- May operate various pieces of equipment such as excavators, backhoes and other heavy machinery.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in underground utility and pump station construction; at least two of those years being a Foreman required.
- Experience with storm drainage, sanitary sewer, force main and lift stations and pump station construction required.
- Experience with trench boxes, hydraulic shoring, sheet piling, dewatering and rock exaction required.
- Experience operating excavators, back hoes, skid steers and other heavy machinery required.
- Current OSHA 10 or 30 Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to lead a crew of 5 or more employees using critical communication skills.
- Knowledge in excavation, trench and confined space safety measures and requirements.
- Knowledge in erosion control measures and requirements.
- Knowledge of sheet piling, rock excavation, and dewatering.
- Ability to shoot line and grade with an instrument.
- Knowledge of blueprints, specifications, Codes and Regulations.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and it application.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of underground utility systems.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Basic technology efficiency i.e. computers, email and cellular phones.
- Ability to motivate a team and work independently.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot problems that may arise.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.