Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 1,000 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 69 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
Project Superintendent has full responsibility for the onsite production of the project. Superintendent is responsible for directing craftsmen and subcontractors, administering Quality Management System, assuring conformity to design documents, maintaining sequences to meet schedule, conducting jobsite meetings, scheduling owned equipment, and administering jobsite safety program toward an achievable goal of zero incidents. Superintendents are expected to conform to corporate policies and procedures, uphold ethical standards, and exemplify corporate values, with an emphasis on integrity and service. Superintendents report directly to General Superintendent.
- Enforce Project-Specific Safety Plan and ensure compliance with all other Nabholz and OSHA safety policies.
- Plan and supervise Foreman and craft activities. Determine method of construction, necessary manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, and work schedule. Document actual hours worked.
- Coordinate assigned work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
- Maintain liaison with Owner, Design Team, and Project Manager to ensure that work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Lead in developing and implementing plan of resolution for construction problems.
- Maintain communications with Employee Services and/or Production departments to resolve disputes, requisition manpower, correct safety issues, etc.
- Educational requirements include a 4-year college degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and experience.
- Career experience must include at least 5 years of supervision in commercial construction. Residential construction experience will not be considered.
- Commercial construction experience must include construction means, methods, equipment, tools, and work procedures, as well as advanced understanding of construction scheduling, and cost control.
- Commercial construction experience must include control and supervision of large groups of craftsmen.
- Experience in building healthcare projects greater than $20M is preferred
- Good written and oral communication
- Must be willing and able to speak before groups of people in project interviews and other presentations
- OSHA-30 trained
- Microsoft Office suite
- Scheduling software(s)
- Daily detailed reporting of manpower, resources, safety, work progress, environmental conditions, and material delivery
- Accurately and thoroughly document existing jobsite conditions and work progress
- Thorough understanding of architectural, civil, and engineering plans and specifications
- Maintain open, positive, and direct lines of communication among Owner, Design Team, Project Management, General Superintendent, and Subcontractor Team
- Plan and lead jobsite meetings
- Proactively develop solutions to construction field issues that arise and follow appropriate communication protocol to implement solutions
- Proactively manage and drive construction schedules, engaging Subcontractor Team, Foremen, and other Site Superintendents to accurately anticipate short-term and long-term schedule activities
- Administer Subcontracts to ensure compliance with contract language, scope of work, terms and conditions, and other provisions
- When required, provide accurate reporting of jobsite productivity, tracking quantities, man-hours, equipment-hours, delivery tickets, etc.
- Collect, accurately code, and submit all delivery tickets, receipts, and invoices for Project Management team
- Carry out such other instructions, directions and duties as the Company may request from time to time
- Continuously sit, stand or walk
- Bend, squat, climb stairs and ladders
- Lift frequently, occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Job trailer/office or jobsite
- Work in extreme weather may be required
- Work in high elevations may be required
- Temporary relocation or travel may be required for projects out of town
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.