Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 1,000 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 69 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
The MEP Coordinator assists with all aspects of the HVAC, Electrical, Fire Protection, and Plumbing systems. Coordinates with all project teams and subcontractors involved in managing or performing any work in these areas and ensures all systems comply with construction documents, codes, and standards.
- Meet with Facility Managers and User Groups to understand their specific needs.
- Attend programming meetings or any other required meetings.
- Identify MEP constraints and requirements.
- Review schematic and design development drawings for feasibility and program with end users.
- Assist Preconstruction Department in budgeting MEP systems.
- Advise in value management process.
- Review documents for constructability.
- Verify field conditions in existing buildings to ensure constructability.
- Identify long lead-time items and advise on purchase requirements.
- Participate in subcontractor solicitation and pricing exercises.
- Review subcontractor estimates and perform scope reviews.
- Review code analysis focusing on ADA, MEP, and Energy Code compliances and checklists.
- Perform LEED analysis as it relates to the MEP systems and Draft LEED IAQ Management Plans.
- Participate in meetings with local officials as needed during permitting phase.
- Assist Construction Operations in reviewing subcontracts and purchase agreements
- Provide input on project schedules.
- Participate in MEP subcontractor kickoff meetings.
- Assist the MEP coordination drawing process.
- Provide Quality Management System support for MEP systems, including reviewing and inspecting MEP installations.
- Hold MEP coordination and pre-installation meetings onsite with subcontractors.
- Identify MEP non-conformances and report to Project Team for inclusion in Non-conformance Log.
- Participate in safety program.
- Attend monthly meetings as requested by Project Team.
- Review and comment on subcontractor submittals and shop drawings.
- Assist team and commissioning agent during commissioning phase as required.
- Attend O/A/C meetings as requested.
- Assist team in developing closeout schedule as it relates to MEP work; include permitting, inspection requirements, and commissioning.
- Evaluate MEP as-built drawings and O&M Manuals.
- Assist and advise on developing and improving company’s MEP coordination, services, processes, and procedures.
- Work with BIM technician to incorporate use of 3D Modeling.
- Provide periodic training to company staff on MEP fundamentals.
- Participate in project interviews when required.
- Get involved in industry organizations.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities to remain current on industry trends and technical advancements.
- Attend all scheduled supervisory meetings as assigned, together with all other company events/functions.
- Always present yourself in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of Nabholz.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of commercial construction processes and technical skills.
- High School Diploma or GED, Degree (4 year) Preferred, but not required.
- 10 years of industry experience. OSHA 30.
- Ability to comprehend CPM schedules and capable of negotiating with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Familiarity with construction field documentation and commissioning software.
- Knowledge and understanding of project scheduling, construction methods, materials, and sequences
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, as well as leading small group meetings.
- Must have ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiatives and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to continuously sit, stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds often and up to 50 occasionally
- Ability to work in heat or cold, work outside, work in high elevations
- Office, cubicle or work station, Job trailer, office, or construction sites.
- Will climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis.
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.