Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 1,000 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 68 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
NABHOLZ CONSTRUCTION seeks to provide interns with learning opportunities in a dynamic environment. Interns apply and test their knowledge and skills on project sites and/or in an office environment. NABHOLZ is proud of its history of developing successful relationships with various universities and ultimately hiring talented construction management students
During the program, interns have opportunities to gain relevant field experience in the following areas:
- Managing minor construction and maintenance projects
- Assisting/observing management of major projects
- Monitoring contractors and subcontractors for construction, renovation, remodeling, and maintenance.
- Estimating and bidding
- Safety inspections
- Working in the Field (carpentry, general labor, etc.)
- Work in several aspects of Construction, e.g. Preconstruction, Project Management, Field, etc.
- Competitive Wages and Paid Expenses
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing direct support to the assigned department / project and participating in daily operations and various work processes.
- Supporting all efforts related to the assigned department's / project's initiatives and interfacing with clients and co- workers as required.
- Assisting the Supervisor with planning and coordinating department / project related schedule, budget, and developmental tasks and functions.
- Participating in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Interacting with colleagues, clients, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning and carrying out of activities and assignments.
- Receiving guidance, training, and mentoring from senior professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Performing a wide variety of administrative tasks including the preparation of letters, memos, reports, and correspondences.
- Performing a wide variety of field tasks including carpentry, concrete, clean-up, etc.
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets, databases, and department / project-related reports.
- Conducting research, preparing reports, and making recommendations based on findings.
- Coordinating meetings and following up on action items.
- Currently enrolled in a college or University
- Junior Or Senior-level construction Management Student
- Travel overnight as projects or corporate responsibilities require
- Continuously sit, stand or walk
- Bend, squat, climb stairs or ladders
- Lift frequently, occasionally up to 25 pounds
- Office, cubicle, or work station
- Job trailer or jobsite
- Active project sites
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.