Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 1,000 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 69 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
Summary: Nabholz Construction is seeking highly motivated HVAC Technician/Apprentice to join our team. If you are not a HVAC Technician Apprentice but are eager to become a skilled HVAC Technician by improving your skills and learning new ones, this is your chance to launch your career! Under direct supervision, this position performs multiple aspects of HVAC work required in the maintenance and construction of commercial buildings, churches, factories, office buildings, etc. HVAV/Craftsman contribute to the responsibility for safety, client satisfaction, project quality, cost control/schedule adherence and working as a team with office and other HVAC/Craftsmen personnel. HVAC/Craftsman shall conform to applicable corporate policies & procedures uphold ethical standards and exemplify corporate values.
- Keep Safety in front of all things we do including following all Nabholz and job specific safety procedures.
- Receives instructions needed to perform job from supervisor.
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Set up and operates tools to cut, form and finish material for the job.
- Install wood and/or metal parts. Erect or dismantle roofing and/or siding.
- Framing, drywall hanging and minor drywall finishing, etc.
- Painting, touch up or incidental painting after structure repairs.
- Ceiling installation and repair.
- Hang doors and install locks and hardware.
- Cut, fit and weld structural and miscellaneous steel.
- Maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Be active in team and morale building throughout all job duties including office personnel and craftsmen.
- Perform all miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Motivated to become a HVAC Tech
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work neatly and cleanly.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors; sometimes required to climb onto rooftops for installation/repair.
- Considerable physical effort of hands and arms required; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects with considerable weight.
- Work in overhead structures and around and beneath machinery.
- May be required to return to work when major problems are encountered on off-shifts or weekends.
- Ability to continuously sit, stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to work in heat or cold, work outside, work in high elevations
- May lift and carry heavy objects 5 -25 pounds frequently, 25- 50 pounds often, 50-100 pounds occasionally
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in awkward positions continuously
- Work at great heights, indoors or outdoors in all weather conditions
- Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing
- While working in construction, laborers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
- Ability to work outside
- Hot, Wet, Cold Environment
- High Elevations
- Job site, trailer, or office
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.