Responsible for the research, design and estimation of building automation systems. Prepares all required product selection, estimates, cost analysis, subcontractors and schedules subsequent hand-off to controls department team. Analyzes plans, construction specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working safely is our company’s number one business objective. It is the responsibility of each employee to comply with all safety and health requirements whether established by the company or by federal, state or local law. Each employee must be dedicated in his or her safety responsibility while conducting business. It will be a condition of employment that all employees are expected to work safely and contribute to the safety of others.
- Responsible for the design of building automation systems.
- Receives project specifications from sales team, new equipment sales, control department and customers to design building automation systems projects.
- Researches, designs and estimates the appropriate mix of control products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Prepares all required product selection, estimates, cost analysis, subcontractors and schedules, subsequent hand-off to controls department team.
- Creates scope of work in a formal itemized written proposal to be presented to customer.
- Frequently assists in ensuring product selection in handing the ordering of required control products and equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to sales team and customer as needed.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimates and job layout.
- On occasion participates in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- Independently design building automation systems for standard and/or critical facilities such as data centers, health care and laboratories.
- Creates unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
- Develops design building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, and sequence of operations, valves and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designs existing control system upgrades and integrations.
- Analyzes plans, construction specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Generates DDC point requirements, trending, alarming, schedules, and customer graphic expectations on all projects.
- Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
- Hold regular meetings with existing and potential owner customers in the effort to maintain and or develop relationships and ensure two way communications between HEP and customer. Entertain customers outside of their working environment to further develop personal understanding, stakes and goals
- Help educate customers to operate their facilities more efficiently and perform informal training for customer maintenance personnel.
- Prospect for new business. Write proposals for controls opportunities such as repairs or upgrades. Conduct building surveys to identify opportunities for new service, building automation, turnkey projects and equipment sales opportunities. Work with other team members to sell controls and equipment.
- Establish working business relationship with customers moving constantly toward consultant status. Develop migration plans to integrate controls systems.
- Maintain customer control proposals, both signed and proposed.
- Attend trade shows and professional association meetings that current and potential customers are affiliated with.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
SECONDARY AND/OR NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
From time to time, there may be a need to prepare service agreements or contracting bids. There may also be a need to attend job meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Broad knowledge of such fields as sales, energy, marketing, business administration, or finance. Facility management and contracting experience preferred. Minimum of 5 years HVAC controls experience required. College degree a plus.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
State driver’s license, auto insurance, auto registration, acceptable driving record.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED:
___ Basic ___ Intermediate _X_ Advanced
Specific Programs and/or skills:
Speciality software training provided upon hire.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
WORKING AND/OR ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions. The noise level on jobsite environments is usually loud. Typical environment will be office/administrative where the noise level is usually low.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to stand, sit; and occasionally required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the company;
- Continually look for ways to improve our processes and ability to serve our customers effectively;
- Continually strive to improve personal performance. Take an active role in seeking training or other opportunities for growth and development.