AR/Front Desk Assistant
Local Pain Management and anesthesia provider seeking a part time AR/Front Desk Assistant to join our growing organization.
The AR/Front Desk Assistant will be responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable and collections process and helping to check in and discharge patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Post cash receipts by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and local deposits.
- Collect delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients, monitoring payments, following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Generate and send patient statements.
- Follow up on, collect, and allocate insurance payments.
- Monitor patient account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Generate AR aging reports.
- Review AR aging to ensure compliance.
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
- Process over the phone credit card payments.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Process adjustments.
- Organize a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Adhere to all approved policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and medical billing software
- Prior experience in a medical office preferred